Thursday, December 2, 2010

A kiss Goodbye

     I walked into class this morning knowing this would be the end of all good that ever happened to me. My hopes, my dreams, and my future were all going to change. Without John in my life, my days will become longer, my sorrow will become stronger, and my heart will become lonelier. I didn't think I would be able to go through with such a big change.
    The minute I walked into class I saw John sitting on my desk. I stopped for a second and took a deep breathe. I walked up to him with my heart racing. He smiled and kissed me on the forehead. I gazed into his eyes and saw a passionate side that I always saw, but something was different. Every other time I saw him there was happiness and joy. There was the feeling of safeness and and relaxation,  that I knew would never leave. But now, behind all that spark, I see sorrow, strong sorrow that kills person on the inside, and that was exactly how I felt on the inside as well.
     John and I were together since we were in 7th grade. Now we are in 9th grade officially making 3 years together. We planned on going all the way until his mom got a job offer in Vermont. I remember the night he told me the news. We were laying on the grass one dark night. The sky was brightly lit by the stars above us. The weather was nice, calm, and cool. Laying side by side, I felt safe, like nothing could touch me. That night my heart was skipping beats, and my love for him was jumping. "Anna I need to tell you something. Now trust me, what I'm about to say is not easy for me to say. Out of my whole life, this is the hardest thing I had to do."
     At this point my facial expression changed, and I sat up. My heart began to pound as if I were being held at gunpoint. I felt my face become pale, and my whole world become gray. I knew this was bad news. "wha-"
     "-I don't want you to hate me or be angry, and I don't want to loose you. I love you like I've never loved before. No matter what, your always going to be the love of my life, and the greatest joy that ever happened to me."
     He took a pause and I felt my lungs beginning to tighten as the air around me began to sink. I saw tears falling slowly from his eyes, his beautiful, green eyes.
     "I have to move away" he said.
     "What? No, no you can't, you can't leave! You have to stay, you have too". My eyes were flowing with tears and I was crying like never before. My heart sank, deep inside my body that I knew would never be reached again.
     I closed my eyes and and wished all this was a dream, but when I opened my eyes, I knew it was reality because John was rocking me in his arms. His brolic, safe arms.
     "You have to be strong, be strong. It's hard for me too".
      That whole night I stood up crying silently to myself. Wondering why or how this could be. But I knew I had to be strong if I wanted to handle this.
      After our last day being together, his mom pulled into the school parking lot with a "UHAUL" truck. He was holding my hand and I gripped tightly, not wanting to let go. He looked at me and hugged me close and tight. At that minute my emotions came back and I broke down.
      When we released, he whipped away my tears and gently kissed me on the forehead. I closed my eyes, making sure one last time, that this wasn't reality. I opened my eyes and hugged John tight, tighter than before.
      ''Be strong, this isn't the end. I'll come back. I won't forget you, ever! I love you, always and forever.
      He gently pressed his lips against mines and slowly walked into the truck. I watched sadly, but knew I had to be strong to make him happy.
      "I'll see you later, this isn't goodbye".

2 comments:

  1. i think the story awesome and that your some good plot and you did good on the characteristics

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete